Health and Safety Fair June 3
UP Health System – Portage will host a health and safety fair Saturday, June 3, at the hospital in Hancock. The event takes place 10 am – 1 pm and there is not cost. The fair includes screenings (total cholesterol, blood glucose, hemoglobin and more), tons of giveaways, massages, healthy food samples and opportunities to meet and talk with UP Health System staff.
A few highlights include:
- Free lipid profiles, which include total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, triglycerides and blood glucose. Appointments are available June 1 and June 2 from 7-9:30am. Call 906-483-1149 to reserve your spot.
- Physician Q&A sessions – informal & a great opportunity to ask questions about your health
- 10:30 a.m. Dr. Hopper, Geriatric Medicine & Internal Medicine
- 11:00 a.m. Dr. Ronquist, Orthopedics
- 11:30 a.m. Dr. Lipson, Urology
- 12:00 p.m. Dr. Holladay, Women’s Health
- The Apothecary will be offering Medication Take Back, which provides a safe, convenient, and responsible means of disposing of prescription drugs.
- Free Physical Therapy consultations
- Many activities for youth, including a Strider bike course, helmet fittings (100 free helmets will be given away), Story Walk sponsored by the Copper Country Great Start Collaborative, Boo Boo Casting Clinic (chance for children to see how casting works and to take home a casted stuffed animal) and tours of fire trucks, ambulances and more.
- Car Seat Clinic, where technicians will ensure car seats are installed properly and fit correctly for your child. Car seats will be available for purchase through the KARS program also.
Registration is not needed, simply stop by on June 3 any time between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. We hope to see you there!